Friday, 25 August 2017

Now you are five.... {Loukas}

Happy Birthday Louka mou!

You are five years old!  I know you have been looking forward to this day for such a long time,   I think you were talking about it even before Leo's birthday this year!



I'm writing this post for you on the 24th,  and you've just gone to bed full of excitement that it is just one more sleep.  As I gave you a cuddle,  I said I was cuddling my 4 year old Louka for the last time, and you asked me if I was sad.   I replied,  of course not because tomorrow I can cuddle my 5 year old Louka, you gave me a big smile and said 'yes that's 'much more better'.



Every year when I write these birthday letters to you and your brother I try to think back over the year and how you've changed. It kind of sneaks up on me as it seems that when it happens it's a very sudden thing,  and I hadn't realised the little things that change along the way.



You are totally crazy,  I've said many times over the years that Leo is crazy but it seems you can take it to a whole new level! Your laugh is amazing, so infectious and I can't help but laugh whenever I hear you.   Your sense of humour is, in some ways like mine,   the way you laugh at people falling off the big red balls in Total Wipeout or falling over,   the funny faces you pull or dances to make us laugh are awesome too!.

You are still a stubborn little dude,  the noise (not sure how to write it but I hope I don't forget one day what it was, assuming that you eventually stop doing it.... hopefully!)  you make when something displeases you, or you don't want something drives me crazy as you can talk now but it still stems from the days you couldn't.

At home you are chatty, and now we have great conversations,  especially when you can get a word in sideways when Leo lets you,  but outside the house or with people you don't know that well you prefer to let your big brother do the talking.


You completed your first year of Prodimodiki  (pre-primary school) in June and even though you didn't like it much you got used to going and did so very well by the end of the term.  I hope you enjoy your next year at school,  and really hope you start speaking to your teacher and the other children,  it will make it so much more enjoyable for you once you get used it.

Leo is still (mostly) your best friend,  and when you are not moaning at each other you get on so brilliantly - it really is one extreme to the other.  Lots of cuddles,   'belly baffs' and 'bum drums' and the latest addition, the 'booty scooty'  usually all done just before bedtime which makes them less funny than they are during the day for me,  but I do love to see you both getting on so well, and being on the same wavelength.

It's still very hard to get a photo of you, you either refuse completely or insist on doing something crazy or standing behind Leo, I have so few photos of you on your own!



I asked you tonight if it had been fun being four and you said it was,  I asked you what your favourite thing of the year had been and you told me 'going to the swimming pool'   which may have been just because it was the most recent thing we did but we have been there a lot!

In fact I'd say your biggest achievement of the year is probably your swimming skills,   you can now officially swim,  no armbands, no swimfin,  no floats.    It happened so fast,  and literally overnight - one day you were swimming a few strokes and the next the whole length of the pool,  underwater and above!

I hope your birthday and party is everything you hoped it would be, and you have a fantastic day!

Love you!
Photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails